Wednesday, September 10, 2008

 

Still plodding on

You know, if I could consistently keep trying to lose weight I'd be at my target weight (whatever that is!) by now.

I suppose the trick is to try to maintain a steady weight during those periods where I'm not actively trying to lose any, I think I've almost got that sussed.

Anyway, I'm having another crack at it! I put a couple (but not much more) of pounds back on over the "summer", today I'm around 275.5lbs so if I lose a couple of pounds it will still be new weight off (if you see what I mean).

It's blindingly obvious to me that the only way I'm going to lose any weight is by exercising a lot. There are a million diets out there, but we all know that the "secret" to losing weight is to Eat Less and Do More. If you aren't doing well at one of those things, then you need to really put a lot of effort in to the other... I certainly fall in to the "Do More" camp as I am totally rubbish at making the right choices about what I eat.

My exercise of choice is cycling, for no other reason than I enjoy it. I can easily lose a few pounds by peddling a few miles, so it's a win-win! The only problem is that I've had my decent bike stolen and I'm currently riding a "classic" road bike that I'm not enjoying all that much. I'll buy a new bike, but it's not top priority right now so I'll have to make do.
Comments:
I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?