Monday, August 15, 2005

 

New Lap Record

Been away for the weekend so haven't had the bike with me and no chance for much exercise, managed to get out tonight although I left it a bit late (10.15pm).

Distance: 6.17 miles
Time Taken: 25:28
Average Speed: 14.5 MPH
Max Speed: 20.8 MPH

Cumulative distance is now 55.3 miles

That's a new Personal Best!

I certainly felt a bit better during the second half of the lap, normally I find it really hard going.

One of the reasons I'm never going to be setting blistering lap times is that the bike isn't made for it, it's quite low geared and that speed of 20 mph is just about all I'm going to be able to get out of it.

Averaging 14.5 mph means that I'm putting in 75% effort on average which will be good on the longer rides if I can keep it up.

All in all I'm happy with the progress, when you consider I'm lugging almost 20 stone (280 pounds) around it's quite a feat.
Comments:
I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?