Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

Need to stop

I have to stop weighing myself every day, it's not helping.

The problem is that for the last couple of days I have been doing quite well, I have been eating all the right stuff and I've been exercising too (just under an 8 mile ride last night) but I'm not losing any weight.

This is silly though because I know that if I carry on as I am I'll be fitter and thinner in time, the constant monitoring is great if the pounds are sliding off each day but no good if they aren't.

A weekly weigh-in is all I need to do but it's hard when the scales are right there.

I suppose one of the reasons that my weight isn't plummeting is because I've upped my fluid intake dramatically. I find it hard to drink enough because I very rarely get thirsty, I'm forcing myself to drink a lot of water at the moment because I think it will help with surpressing appetite (which hasn't actually been a problem yet) and also because I'll need more fluid if I'm exercising each day.

I still can't get it in to my head that this is a long term thing and I'm trying to make it a habit, I shouldn't be looking for quick results here.
Comments:
I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?