Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

Lap Time

Managed to get out on the bike briefly tonight (in between episodes of Lost!) and did the route I started doing semi regularly back at the start of the year. I had the cycle computer fitted and the stats are:

Distance: 6.17 miles
Time Taken: 26:07
Average Speed: 14.1 MPH
Max Speed: 19.2 MPH

Cumulative distance is now 42.9 miles

Quite pleased with this time as it is a very slight improvement on the sort of times I was setting back in January when I was a bit lighter.

I want to add a few rides with a longer distance but I will always keep this route as my "yard stick" measure of how my fitness improves. I suppose I should think about a target for this lap, something to aim for, but I'm not sure what that should be. Maybe I'll go for consistently setting a 16 MPH plus average speed, that's a good one as the average speed is driven by stamina (I know this because after about 3.5 miles the average starts dropping as I run out of energy).

Tomorrow I'll be staying away on business so I'll not be cycling but I might see if I can spend a bit of time in the hotel gym (assuming there is one wherever I end up staying) or maybe I'll go for a brisk walk.
Comments:
I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?