Friday, January 21, 2005

 

Here's the skinny

Out again tonight:

Distance: 6.23 miles
Time Taken: 27:32
Average Speed: 13.5 MPH
Max Speed: 19.3 MPH

Cumulative Distance: 18.7 miles (since the cycle computer was fitted)

I did the lap the other way around tonight and as you can see it made no difference to my time, the route is fairly flat so it's not a big surprise. I really start to get tired after the half way point and I just don't have the energy to put 100% in to it. If I keep to the same route I should be able to see any improvements as I go.

I still don't seem to be losing any weight, is it possible that I am putting on muscle in my legs at the same rate that I'm losing fat? Wishful thinking eh?


The bike I use is quite an old mountain bike, I do have slick road tyres on it but it's not the ideal road bike. It's rather heavy and it's quite low geared, at my top speed of around 19MPH I really could do with a higher gear.

I do have another bike in the garage, it's a half decent road bike but I really don't think I should be using it just yet. My fear is that while I'm still overweight I might break the spindly thing by getting on it... Maybe a few months on the mountain bike will bring the weight down enough for me to move up on to the racer, then I can start going on longer rides.

Comments:
I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?